In this episode, Anthony and Blaine discuss suffering, surrender, and incarnate spirituality as Jesus’s solution to the World and the Flesh. This is the third installment in a three-part series on Jesus as the crescendo of the Story of God.
Also in this conversation: dying to become human, the devil’s counterfeit power, the spiritual life lived in the body, and eros and agape fusing together in the form of the human being.
Mentioned in this Episode
- The New Testament translated by David Bentley Hart
- Simply JesusHow God Became King by Tom Wright
- The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis
- On the Incarnation by Athanasius
- Becoming Human by Fr. John Behr
- Love that Satisfies by Christopher West
- The Religion of the Apostles by Fr. Stephen DeYoung
- Invitation to a Journey by Rober Mulholland